This week our class created Fraction Town! This activity was so much fun as it helped us to review fractions!
|Sample created by Mrs. McClure.|
To create our Fraction Town, we used the Black and White Fraction Strips found at Super Teacher Worksheets. These fraction strips served as our "streets" and helped us to visualize the equal parts of the whole.
We then followed these directions to create our town:
- Draw houses on 2/3 of Third Street.
- Draw cars on 1/2 of Second Street.
- Draw trees on 1/4 of Fourth Street.
- Draw bushes on 3/8 of Eighth Street.
- Draw a school on 2/6 of Sixth Street.
- Draw a school bus on 2/8 of Eighth Street.
- Draw a dog on 1/4 of Fourth Street.
- Draw a firetruck on 2/6 of Sixth Street.
- Add grass and stop signs to your town.